Volume 2 -                   RJMS 1995, 2 - : 30-37 | Back to browse issues page

XML Persian Abstract Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Roodpeyma S. ACUTE RESPIRATORY TRACT INFECTION IN CHILDREN. RJMS 1995; 2 :30-37
URL: http://rjms.iums.ac.ir/article-1-1878-en.html
Abstract:   (9524 Views)

Acute Respiratory tract infections (ART!) are one of the most common problems encountered in childhood. In this article, epidemiology of ART! in the pediatric ward of Talegheni Medical center during a 5 year period from 1988 to 1993 was reviewed. 191 children were hospitalizid with ARTI. 184 (96.3%) suffered from LRT!, and of these, 150 patients had pneumonia (78.5%), 22 had Croups (11.5%), 12 had bronchiolitis (6.3%) and 7 Patients had Sinusitis (3.7%) .

Children between 1 month to 1 year of age were the most common age group in patients with pneumonia and croup and accounted for 52. 7% of patients. In the same age group, in patients with pneumonia, there were 50 boys and 26 girls. The difference is statistically significant (p < 0.005). In patients with pneumonia and in those with croup MIF were ~ and 2.6 res

                                                                                                                          1               1

pectively and winter was the most common season of affliction. In the

bronchiolitis group both sexes were equal and half of the patients were hospitalized in spring and 41.6% in winter, 15.3% of patients with pneumonia did not receive antimicrobial treatment due to viral etiology and in the remainder (84.7%) antibactrial therapy was prescribed.

Regarding the sex, age and seasonal pattern of respiratory tract infections, this study is compatible with the literature. Since the study was performed on hospitalized patients, the rate of bacterial pneumonia is higher than that reported in literature.

Full-Text [PDF 1299 kb]   (2324 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Research | Subject: Pediatric Disease

Add your comments about this article : Your username or Email:
CAPTCHA

Rights and permissions
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

© 2024 CC BY-NC 4.0 | Razi Journal of Medical Sciences

Designed & Developed by : Yektaweb